Thursday, May 28, 2009

Two Men Catch Toddler After 40-foot fall

This news article tells about a toddler who was hanging from a window. Two men both ran to the spot where they thought she would land. The men worked together to catch the infant before she hit the ground.

As I was reading this story, I was engaged, I had to keep reading. This story ‘spoke’ to me because it made me feel good. Once I read the title, I couldn’t stop myself from reading the article. While reading the short story, I couldn't help but think about my small sister who is only three. I would be devastated if she fell out a window, but thankful if people had caught her. I know how scared the siblings would have been while trying to hold her inside by her feet. The shock and terror of what would happen next would be running through their minds. The other part of this story that made me feel good is the fact that the people who caught the infant, didn’t even know her. It would have had no affect on the men if they didn’t catch her, yet they stopped what they were doing and ran to the scene. If they had not have bothered running to the house, the infant would not be alive today.

This story inspires me to look out for the abnormal.

This story made me feel happy because this event could have ended tragically but two men were willing to stop the death of the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment